Posted by Colleen Carey on September 9th, 2021
Kayem Slow Cooked Choice Beef Pot Roast:
- AU JUS
- SLOW COOKED FOR HOURS,-EXTRA TENDER
- GLUTEN FREE
- ALL NATURAL SPICES
- NO MSG
Korean Rice Bowl with Pot Roast
- 1 1/2 pounds Kayem Slow Cooked Choice Beef Pot Roast, reserve au jus
- 9 ounces bok choy head whites only, reserve leafy greens (pickling recipe in instructions)
- 12 ounces cooked sticky white rice
- 6 ounces canola oil: divided 1 ounce, 1 ounce, 2 ounces and 2 ounces
- 9 ounces low sodium soy sauce: divided 2 ounces, and 7ounces
- 12 ounces shiitake mushroom caps thinly sliced, reserve stems for sauce
- 1 tablespoon ginger root, finely grated
- 5 ounces dry sherry: divided 2 ounces, and 3 ounces
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil: divided 2 teaspoons, and 1 teaspoon
- 12 ounces carrots, bias cut and blanched
- 6 ounces bean sprouts
- 1 ounce Gochujang sauce: divided 1/4 ounce, and 3/4 ounce
- 1/2 ounce garlic, minced
- 1 ounce sugar
- 6 eggs
- cooking spray
- Drain the pot roast, reserving the au jus. Slice the meat 1″ X 1/4″ thick.
- To pickle the bok choy head (white stalks only), thinly slice on the diagonal, marinate with 6 ounces cider vinegar, 3/4 ounce sugar and 1/4 ounce grated ginger. Pickle 30 minutes to 24 hours in advance, keep chilled.
- Cook the rice per package instructions. Portion 3 ounces per serving.
- Chop the bok choy leaft greens 1″. Saute the in 1 ounce canola oil for 1 minute, deglaze with 2 ounces of the low sodium soy sauce. Set aside.
- Place a non-stick skillet on medium-high heat, coat with 1 ounce canola oil, saute the shiitake mushroom caps for medium – high heat for 3 – 5 minutes. Add 1/4 ounce ginger puree, 2 ounces sherry and 2 teaspoons of sesame oil, reduce for 2 more minutes.
- Blanch the bean sprouts 2 minutes, drain and rinse under cold water. Mix with remaining sesame oil and 1/4 ounce gochujang.
- To make the soy sauce marinade, mix the remaining low sodium soy sauce with 3/4 ounce gochujang sauce, 1/2 ounce minced garlic, and sugar, 3 ounces dry sherry, and 2 ounces canola oil. This can be easily made in advance and hold until service.
- Saute the sliced pot roast in a large skillet coated with 2 ounces canola oil over medium high heat, deglaze with 2 ounces of the soy marinade.
- Meanwhile, place a 6″ non-stick skillet on medium high heat. Flatten the portioned rice into a 4 – 5″ size pancake. Spray the skillet with the cooking spray, and cook the rice until it forms a crust on the bottom, 3 – 5 minutes.
- While crust is forming, pour the eggs into a seasoned skillet, cover and cook for 2 – 3 minutes to set the yolk.
Rice bowl set-up:
- 3 ounces rice patty, 5 ounces pickled bok choy, 1 ounce sauteed shiitake mushrooms, 5 ounces carrots, 1 ounce bean sprouts, 1 ounce sauteed bok choy greens, 3 ounces sauteed beef, followed by the egg on top.
- Drizzle 1/2 ounce soy marinade around and serve the remaining on the side.
- Garnish with chopped scallions, serve immediately.
Beef Stroganoff with Pot Roast
- 4.5 pounds Kayem Slow Cooked Choice Beef Pot Roast, reserve gravy
- 3 ounces canola oil
- 12 ounces white mushrooms, sliced
- 6 ounces white wine
- 4 ounces unsalted butter
- 5 ounces white onion, diced 1/4″
- 2.5 ounces all purpose flour
- 1 quart reduced sodium beef broth
- 2 teaspoons dijon mustard
- 8 ounces sour cream
- 3.5 pounds egg noodles cooked according to package instructions
- Cut the meat into 1 1/2″ julienne strips.
- Coat a medium sauté pan with 1 ounce of the canola oil and sauté mushrooms for 5 minutes. Deglaze with white wine & reduce.
- In a medium brazier, saute the onions until translucent over medium high heat with 2 ounces of canola oil. Add 3 ounces of butter, melt and add the flour to make a roux. Stir frequently for 5 minutes.
- Stir in the reserved pot roast gravy and beef stock. Bring to a boil and skim off any fat or impurities. Stir in the Dijon mustard, and simmer the sauce for 10 minutes.
- Add the beef and cooked mushrooms, cook for 15 to 20 minutes so that the meat is heated through.
- Temper the sour cream with 8 ounces of the hot gravy and stir into the Beef Stroganoff, swirl in 1 ounce of cold butter.
- Serve over noodles – approximately 4 ounces portions of Stroganoff and 4 ounces of cooked noodles. Garnish with chopped fresh parsley and/or dill.
American Chop Suey with Pot Roast
- 8 pounds Kayem Slow Cooked Choice Beef Pot Roast dice meat into 1/2″ cubes (drain au jus & reserve)
- 1 ½ ounces extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 pound white onion, diced
- 1 green pepper, diced
- 1/2 pound celery, diced
- 1 ounce garlic, minced
- 1 ounce all purpose flour
- 2 ounces tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon smoky paprika
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 pounds tomatoes, diced
- 2 pounds cooked ziti
- Heat a large braising pan over medium high heat and coat with olive oil. Sauté the onions, peppers & celery until translucent, about 5 minutes. Add the chopped garlic, and sauté another 2 – 3 minutes.
- Stir in the flour to make a roux, and cook for 3 – 4 minutes. Stir in the tomato paste and paprika and cook an additional 2 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Mix in the reserved pot roast au jus, and stir well to make a sauce. (Additional beef broth can be added if necessary). Season with salt and pepper. Add the canned tomatoes, bring to a boil.
- Add the diced Kayem Choice Pot Roast and cooked pasta. Heat to 165° & serve immediately.
- Chef’s tip: Any type of pasta may be used in the recipe. Serve over Brown Rice Pilaf as an alternate menu choice.
German Style Pot Roast
- 8 ounces Kayem Slow Cooked Choice Beef Pot Roast, drain au jus set aside
- 2 ounces cooked baby carrots
- 1 ounce celery 1/2″ sliced
- 1 ounce sweet onion 1/2 ” sliced, sautéed
- 1/2 cup red wine
- 1/3 cup ginger snap cookie, crush
- 1 cup egg noodles, cooked
- 1 tablespoon parsley, chopped
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter, melted
- Separate the meat from the broth in the bag. Slice the beef into 8 ounce portions.
- Place the broth and wine into a saucepan and heat. Add the carrots, celery, and onions to the hot broth. Cook the vegetables until they are tender.
- Thicken the broth and vegetable mixture with the crushed ginger snap cookies. Add the pot roast into the broth.
- Saute the cooked egg noodles with butter and toss with parsley. Serve the pot roast over the hot egg noodles.