Posted by Colleen Carey on May 7th, 2020
Unpopular opinion: salads are boring. Good news – they don’t have to be! Kick your
salads up a notch with Ken’s® recipes featuring some of their most popular dressings.
Avocado Citrus Salad
- 1 cup Kale, chopped to 1/4″
- 1 cup Mesclun greens
- 1 tsp Mint leaves, chopped
- 1/2 cup Couscous, cooked
- 2 tbsp Dates, sliced
- 6 each Grapefruit segments
- 6 each Oranges, segments
Balsamic Citrus Vinaigrette Ingredients:
- 2 cups Ken’s Balsamic Vinaigrette Dressing (FF #3460976)
- 1/4 cup Pomegranate juice
- 1 tbsp Lemon juice
- 1/4 cup Orange juice
- 1/2 each Avocados, diced
- 1 tbsp Almonds, toasted, sliced
- 1 tbsp Pomegranate Arils
- 1 tbsp Feta cheese
- Place kale, mint, field greens, couscous, dates, grapefruit and orange in bowl.
- Toss the salad with the freshly made Balsamic Citrus Vinaigrette dressing and place
- Garnish with avocado, almonds, pomegranate and feta.
Directions for Balsamic Citrus Vinaigrette:
- Combine Ken’s Balsamic Vinaigrette Dressing, pomegranate juice, lemon juice and orange
juice in a bowl.
French Blue Cheese Chopped Chicken Salad
- 1/2 C. Iceberg lettuce, chopped 1/4″
- 3/4 C. Romaine lettuce, chopped 1/4″
- 1/2 C. Cherry/grape tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 C. Bacon, cooked crispy & chopped 1/8″
- 3 oz French Blue Cheese Dressing
- 1/4 tbsp Fresh cracked black pepper
- 1/4 C. Blue cheese crumbles
- 1/4 C. Seedless cucumber, diced 1/4″
- 6 oz Grilled chicken breast, seasoned & cut into 1/4″ pieces
- 1.5 oz Ken’s Chunky Bleu Cheese Dressing (FF #3461100)
- 1.5 oz Ken’s Essentials Country French with Orange Blossom Honey Dressing
(Sub French Dressing #3461400)
- Combine all ingredients except Chicken in a large bowl and toss together with dressing.
Plate salad and top with cooked chicken.
Directions for French Blue Cheese Dressing:
- In a bowl combine Chunky Bleu Cheese Dressing with Essentials Country French with
Orange Blossom Honey Dressing and mix well.
Pittsburg Steak Salad
- 16 oz Spring Mix Salad
- 5 oz Sirloin Steak
- 2 oz Cucumber, medium diced
- 6 Grape Tomatoes, halved
- 2 oz Shoestring French Fries crispy
- 1 oz Bleu Cheese Crumbles
- 2 tbsp Croutons
- 3 fl oz Basil Bleu Cheese Dressing
Basil Bleu Cheese Dressing Ingredients:
- 16 oz Ken’s Essentials Bleu Cheese Dressing (FF #3462561)
- 1 tsp Dried Basil
- 1 tsp Worcestershire Sauce
- 1/2 tsp Fresh Lemon Juice
- 1/2 tsp Fresh Lime Juice
- Place spring mix in serving bowl.
- Grill steak medium, let rest 5 minutes then slice into strips.
- Place steak on greens and fan out.
- Garnish with cucumber, tomatoes, fries, bleu cheese crumbles and top with croutons.
- Drizzle with 3 oz of freshly made Basil Bleu Cheese Dressing and serve.
Directions for Basil Bleu Cheese Dressing:
- Add all ingredients to a bowl and mix well.
- Transfer to a pourable container.
- Label, date, and refrigerate remaining dressing.
Chopped Greek Salad
- 1 cup Ken’s Greek Dressing (FF #3461475)
- 2 cups English cucumber
- 1 cup Roma Tomatoes Sliced
- 1 cup Grape Tomatoes Halved
- 1 cup Green bell pepper Julienne
- 1 cup Yellow bell pepper Julienne
- 1 1/2 cup Red Onion Sliced
- 1 cup Kalamata Olives
- 8 oz Feta cheese large slice
- 1 tbsp Oregano dry
- 1. Mix the first eight ingredients well. Place in a decorative bowl and garnish with
the feta cheese and dry oregano.
Lobster BLT Salad
- 3 oz Ken’s Homestyle Ranch Dressing (FF# 3450780) (Sub Buttermilk Ranch #3461150)
- 4 cup Baby Arugula Greens Lightly Packed
- ¼ cup New Potato Steamed Tender, Sliced
- 4 Asparagus Seasoned, Grilled, Sliced
- 3 tbsp Sweet Corn Kernels
- 3 tbsp Apple-Smoked Bacon Diced
- 6 Canned Plum Tomato Roasted, Quartered
- 4-6 oz Lobster Steamed, Cleaned, Tail, Claw & Knuckle Meat
- Place all of the ingredients neatly on a decorative plate and serve with a side of
Truffle Ranch Dressing.
- Serve immediately.
All recipes and images provided by www.kensfoodservice.com