Posted by Colleen Carey on November 9th, 2020
Vie De France 12.75″x 9.5″ All Butter Croissant Dough Sheet are versatile and necessary for all busy bakers.
These sheets can be used for many simple recipes, and Vie De France has put together a few:
- VdFY Butter Croissant Sheets cut and stacked, then baked into flakey, delicious Fantail Pastries
- 1 #9300 Butter Croissant Sheet
- 3 tbsp. Butter, melted
- Cinnamon Sugar for dusting
- Or, Nutella
- Garnish: Icing, powdered sugar, chocolate
- Pre-heat oven to 350°F. Grease 12 muffin cups with butter.
- Remove Croissant Sheet from freezer and thaw at room temperature for 15 minutes, until just pliable
but not too soft. Roll out dough into a 10X16” rectangle, for easier measuring and cutting.
- Brush Croissant Sheet with melted butter and dust with cinnamon sugar. Or, spread thin layer of Nutella
instead of butter and sugar.
- Working quickly, cut Croissant Sheet in to eight strips, across the wider side of the sheet, each 2 inches
wide with a pizza cutter or sharp chef’s knife. Stack 4 strips, buttered sides up, (you will have two stacked
strips) and cut each strip crosswise into six equal pieces with bench scraper or knife.
- Carefully place each piece, cut edges up, in a muffin cup. Separate outer layers of each roll to fan outward.
Make more rolls with remaining dough in same manner. If making large Fantails, double up
on the stacks, pinch bottoms together and place in muffin cups. You will now only have 6 large Fantails.
- Loosely cover muffin pan with plastic wrap and let the dough rise in a warm place until doubled, 30 to 60 min.
- Bake 18 to 22 minutes until rolls are golden brown. Transfer to a wire rack and let cool in the pan for 10 min.
- Drizzle icing over warm rolls or serve in bowls for dipping.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.
- Yield: 12 small Fantails or 6 large Fantails
- Croissant Sheets (VdF #9300)
- Donut sugar or glaze as needed
- Donut filling as needed
- Remove frozen Croissant sheets from freezer.
- Place sheets on lightly flour-dusted bench top to thaw until pliable.
- Brush one croissant sheet lightly with cold water.
- Lift another sheet and place on top of water-brushed sheet.
- Cut donuts using donut cutters then place donuts on lightly flour-dusted sheet pan.
- Proof donuts at 85-88°F and 83-86% RH for 35-40 minutes.
- Remove from proofer and fry donuts in oil at 350-375°F for 1-1 ½ minutes.
- Remove product from fryer and keep it on screen pan to drain oil for 15 seconds.
- Coat donuts with donut sugar OR inject filling first and then coat with donut sugar.
Chocolate Morning Buns
- 1 VDFY #9300 Croissant Sheet
- 6 ounces chocolate spread
- 2 ounces mini chocolate chips (optional)
- Sugar for rolling
- Preheat convection oven to 325°. Grease regular size muffin tins.
- Remove Croissant Sheets from freezer and thaw at room temperature until just barely thawed and pliable.
- Roll out croissant sheet until approximately 12X18”.
- Working quickly, with the long side in front of you, spread chocolate smear evenly over sheet leaving ½”
border on furthest edge. If desired, sprinkle the mini chocolate chips over the top.
- Roll the dough up into a log starting at the long side. Cut into 12 equal slices. Place the rolls cut side down
into the greased muffin baking pan.
- Cover, and let rise in a warm place until almost doubled, about 60-90 minutes. Floor proofing times will
vary depending on room temperatures.
- Bake rolls in preheated oven until golden, 20 to 25 minutes. Remove and allow to cool 5 minutes. Remove
from Muffin pans and roll in sugar.
- Alternatively, garnish with chocolate ganache instead of rolling in sugar.
- Makes: 12 Buns
Brie & Cranberry Croissant Strudels
- VDFY SKU#9300 Croissant Sheet Dough
- Brie Cheese
- Whole Berry Cranberry Sauce
- Egg Wash
- Thaw Croissant Sheets until just pliable. Cut into 6 squares approximately 5X5 inches.
- Make 5 cuts on each side equally apart, leaving a 1 ½ inch strip down the center.
- Place a slice of Brie down the center and spoon 1 TBSP of Cranberry Sauce on top of Brie.
- Beginning at the top, crisscross the pastry strips over the center of Brie and Cranberry.
- Place Strudel on parchment-lined baking sheet to proof until double in size.
- Brush with Egg wash and bake in pre-heated convection oven at 325° for 25-30 minutes until golden brown.
- Makes: 1 Croissant Sheet makes 6 Strudels
Bon appétit from Vie de France! See more recipes www.viedefrancefoodservice.com/recipes/