Celebrate National Hot Dog Day with some unique menu specials featuring Kayem Franks!
South of the Border Hot Dog
- 6 Kayem Old Tyme Franks
- 6 fresh pineapple rings
- 1 large ear of sweet corn
- 2/3 cup fresh poblano peppers, sliced
- 6 corn tortillas
- 1 cup salsa
- 1/2 cup queso fresco
- 6 fresh sprigs of cilantro
- cooking spray
- Preheat grill to medium high heat
- Spray the pineapple rings, poblano pepper and corn with cooking spray, grill until nicely charred.
- Place the poblano peppers in a bowl, cover for 10 minutes.
- Using a paring knife peel off the charred skin. Slice thinly.
- Cut the kernels off the ear of corn, should make about 1 cup of grilled kernels.
- Meanwhile, grill the tortillas (give a light spray of the cooking spray) on both sides.
- Grill the hot dogs and nicely brown on both sides, slice down the center lengthwise.
- To assemble: top the tortilla with a ring of the pineapple. Follow with the sliced hot dog, a dollop
of the salsa, corn kernels, strips of the poblano pepper and cheese. Garnish with a sprig of cilantro.
Pad Thai Fry Dog
- Prepare peanut sauce by combining all ingredients into a misking bowl and whisk to thoughouly combine. Sauce may be stored for up to 5 days.
- Prepare the Pad Thai Slaw by whisking together line juice, apple cider vinegar, fish sauce, soy sauce, honey, and sriracha sauce together. Add in chopped cabbage and carrots and mix well. Slaw can be
stored for up to 5 days.
- Prepare the Sriracha Ketchup by combining ketchup and sriracha sauce in a mixing bowl. Stor to combine. Sriracha ketchup can be stored for up to 5 days.
- Prepare french fries using your preferred method.
- Grill Kayem Hot Dogs for 8 minutes. Toast New England style split top hot dog buns on the grill
until both sides are golden brown.
- Assemble the Pad Thai Fry Dog by placing 1 ounce of the slaw onto the toasted bun and adding the
grilled hot dog on top. Top with a handful of fries and then drizzle with the sriracha ketchup.
Garnish with cilantro, green onions, and peanuts. Serve immediately.
Bacon Reuben Dog
- 8 Kayem 8:1 Beef Hot Dogs
- 8 Split Top Frank Bun
- 80 french fries
- 3 tablespoons cilantro, chopped
- 2 green onion, sliced
- 1/4 cup peanuts, crushed
- 8 ounces pad thai slaw
- 8 servings pad thai peanut sauce
- 8 serving sriracha ketchup
- Grill hot dog and bacon slices over medium heat until nicely browned on both sides.
- Wrap each hot dog with a slice of bacon. Meanwhile, toast the hot dog buns on grill until golden.
- To assemble: Line the toasted bun with a slice of Swiss Cheese. Top with sauerkraut, drizzle with
the Thousand Island dressing and a few teaspoons of the sweet pepper relish. Place the bacon
wrapped dog in the bun.