Shepard Pie with Kayem Pot Roast
- 7.75 pounds Kayem Slow Cooked Choice Beef Pot Roast, (drain au jus, reserve)
- 1/3 cup wondra
- 1 cup water
- 14 ounces creamed corn
- 2 pounds mashed potatoes
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 12 teaspoon paprika (preferably smoky paprika)
- Pre-heat oven to 350 F
- Cut the pot roast into 1 1/2″ strips lengthwise. Trim away any fat or connective tissues. Hand shred the beef into a baking dish. (Meat breaks apart very easily since it is already slow roasted).
- Using a small bowl, mix the Wondra into the water, stir well. Transfer the reserved au jus to a medium sauce pan over medium high heat, and wisk in the flour/water mixture. Bring to a boil stirring frequently, sauce will begin to thicken and become a gravy.
- Mix 2 cups of the beef gravy with the shredded beef and the creamed corn. Cover with the mashed potatoes, sprinkle top with paprika and melted butter.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until an internal temperature of 165 is achieved.
All Kayem recipes can be found at https://www.kayemfoodservice.com/recipe/