LET SMITHFIELD CULINARY INSPIRE YOU!
Part of the largest hog producer and pork processor in the U.S., Smithfield Culinary offers delicious and versatile products that are enjoyed by millions nationwide, as well as globally. We offer everything you need to build your menu, from innovative culinary insights and ideas that help create head-turning menus, to the industry knowledge and critical thinking you need to achieve a competitive advantage. When it comes to your operation, no one offers more successful business-building solutions than Smithfield Culinary.
Try these unique recipes featuring beloved Smithfield products:
- 2 slices cinnamon-swirl or cinnamon raisin bread
- 2 slices sharp cheddar cheese
- 2 strips 18/22 Single Slice Applewood Bacon, cooked
- 2 slices tomato
- 3 slices Honey Cured Ham (approximately 3 total ounces)
- 2 Tbsp. butter, melted
- 1 tsp. powdered sugar
- Layer on one slice of cinnamon-swirl bread, 1 slice Sharp Cheddar cheese, 2 strips cooked Applewood Smoked Bacon, sliced tomato, 3 slices Honey Cured Ham, and the remaining slice of Sharp Cheddar cheese. Top with the second slice of cinnamon-swirl bread. Brush the top slice of bread with melted butter.
- Heat a skillet over medium high heat. Carefully place the sandwich, buttered side down, in the pan. Butter the top slice of bread. Cook each side for 2-3 minutes or until golden brown.
- Transfer sandwich from the skillet to a serving plate. Sprinkle powdered sugar on top. Slice sandwich in half and serve warm.
Crispy Fried Ham Mac & Cheese Bites with Jezebel Sauce
- 1 pt. béchamel
- 4 oz. cheddar cheese
- 1 oz. Parmesan cheese
- 2 oz. Brie cheese
- ½ lb. macaroni noodles, cooked
- ¼ lb. Smithfield Diced Ham
- 3 egg yolks
- ½ cup milk
- 3 eggs
- 1 ½ cups flour
- 1 qt. panko, lightly ground
- 3 cups vegetable oil
- Salt, to taste
- 1 cup Jezebel Sauce (recipe below)
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- ½ medium yellow onion, small diced
- 2 cloves garlic, sliced
- ½ cup pineapple preserves
- ½ cup apple jelly
- 1 Tbsp. sambal chili paste
- 2 Tbsp. prepared horseradish
- Warm béchamel until it begins to simmer. Once hot, remove from heat and whip in 3 cheeses until smooth, followed by macaroni, diced ham and egg yolks.
- Lay mixture in deep pan to thickness of 1-inch, and let cool in fridge until firm and set. While macaroni is setting, make egg wash by whisking together milk and eggs.
- Set up standard breading station: flour, egg wash, ground panko.
- Cut 1-inch. cubes from sheet of macaroni and place in freezer for 10 minutes to firm up.Bread macaroni by first coating evenly with flour, dip in egg wash, press into ground panko. Go back into egg wash and one more time into panko, pressing it onto cube in an even layer.
- Refrigerate breaded cubes until ready to fry.
- In a wide pot or fryer, heat oil to 360°F.
- Carefully, in batches, fry bites in oil until golden brown and hot in center. Drain cubes on paper towel–lined tray, and sprinkle with salt. Serve hot with Jezebel Sauce on the side for dipping or spreading.
- For Jezebel Sauce, in small pot, sweat onions and garlic in vegetable oil over medium heat until translucent.
- Add pineapple preserves, apple jelly, chili paste and prepared horseradish.
- Bring pot to simmer, and let cool.
Breakfast Sausage Burger
- 2 Breakfast Sausage Patties
- 2 slices American Cheese
- 2 sourdough English muffins, sliced in half
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- 2 Tbsp. Sir Kensington’s Special Sauce
- 2 Heirloom tomatoes, sliced 1/4” thick. different varieties if possible
- 2 Free Range Eggs, beaten with whisk in bowl until frothy
- ¼ cup baby greens such as arugula or mustard greens
- Preheat grill or griddle. Cook pork patties 1-2 min until brown. Once browned, place cheese slices on top and melt. Remove and Reserve.
- In a nonstick skillet, over medium low heat, add butter and allow to melt.
- Crack in two eggs and cook to sunny side up. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Butter both sides of muffin and place on grill or griddle and toast until golden brown.
- Spread both sides of muffin with special sauce. To bottom muffin half, add tomato followed by eggs and greens. Top with remaining muffin halfs.
Cuban Sandwich with Ham & Bacon
- 4 Cuban Buns
- 4 oz. Monterey Jack Cheese
- 12 oz. Ham slices
- 8 slices Bacon, cooked
- 2 cups pickled cabbage
- 8 Tbsp. Chipotle Aioli
Pickled Cabbage – Yield 2 cups
- ¾ cup orange juice
- ¼ cup lime juice
- 8 tsp. sugar
- 4 tsp. cumin
- 4 cups shredded cabbage
- 1 oz. shredded carrots
- 1 oz. julienned red peppers
- 1 oz. julienned yellow peppers
- 1 tsp. Kosher salt
- ½ tsp. black pepper
Combine all the ingredients in mixing bowl and toss together.
- Spilt the bread and scoop out the inside.
- Place the cheese on the bottom half.
- Layer with sliced ham, bacon, and pickled cabbage.
- Top with chipotle aioli and other half of the bun.
Southern BLT Benedict
- 4 pieces sourdough bread
- Honey jalapeno Farmland by Smithfield Bacon
- Fried green tomato (recipe to follow)
- 2 cups mixed greens
- 4 eggs, poached
- Cajun aioli
Fried Green Tomato:
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour, divided
- 1/2 cup cornmeal
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 3 medium-size green tomatoes, cut into 1/3-inch slices
- Vegetable oil
- Salt to taste
- Place two pieces of sourdough bread next to one another on a plate
- Top with honey jalapeno bacon, followed slice of fried green tomato, mixed greens, poached eggs
- Finish with a ladle of Cajun aioli over the top.
- Repeat for second plate.
Fried Green Tomato:
- Combine egg and milk
- In a bowl, comine 1/4 cup flour, cornmeal, 1 tsp. salt, and pepper
- Coat both sides of tomato slices in flour, dip in egg mixture, dredge in cornmeal mixture
- Heat oil in skillet, cook tomatoes until golden brown on each side
- Drain on paper towels
Sausage Stuffed French Toast
- 6 (1.5-oz.) Breakfast Sausage Patties
- 6 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 6 (1-inch thick) slices French bread
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- Cook sausage patties on griddle or in oven until internal temperature reaches 165°F. Set aside.
- Whisk together eggs, vanilla, cinnamon and nutmeg. Set aside.
- Slice 2-inch pocket in bread. Insert sausage patty; set aside.
- Melt butter in sauté pan over medium heat.
- Dip in egg mixture to coat all sides. Brown both sides evenly in melted butter. Repeat with remaining sausage and bread.
- To serve, top with maple syrup and powdered sugar.
- 2 corn tortillas
- 1 slice Colby Pepper Jack
- 1 Fully Cooked Breakfast Sausage Patty
- 1 Tbsp. chipotle mayo (recipe below)
- 1/2 cup light mayo
- 1 tsp. Pureed Chipotles w/Adobo
- Spray a large frying pan with non-stick spray and preheat on low-medium heat.
- Set 2 corn tortillas side-by-side in the pan, trying not to overlap then lay slice of cheese on one side and sausage on top of the cheese.
- Allow the cheese to become melted before topping with the other tortilla and flip.
- Remove from heat, cut into quarters and serve with chipotle mayo on the side as a dipper.
In a medium size bowl mix together light mayo and pureed chipotles with adobo.
Coffee-Brown Sugar Bacon with Buttermilk Biscuit
- 1 Tbsp. brewed coffee
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 4 slices Bacon, uncooked
- 1 tsp. ground coffee
- Freshly cracked black pepper
- 2 buttermilk biscuits, sliced in half
- 2 slices cheddar cheese
- 2 slices tomato, 1/4” thick
- 2 eggs, over easy
- 1/4 cup Hot Sauce Aioli (recipe to follow)
Hot Sauce Aioli
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 6 garlic cloves, roasted, smashed
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 2 Tbsp. hot sauce
- 1 tsp. smoked paprika
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Combine all ingredients in bowl and whisk to combine
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Combine brewed coffee with brown sugar to dissolve. Arrange bacon slices on sheet tray (with wire rack if possible) and brush with coffee–brown sugar mixture. Sprinkle bacon with ground coffee and black pepper. Bake for 12-15 minutes. (Check after 10 minutes, as all ovens cook differently.)
- To serve: Place cheddar slices on bottom biscuit halves and bake in oven until cheese melts. Top with reserved bacon, tomato, eggs and Hot Sauce Aioli.
More inspiration found at www.smithfieldculinary.com