The Sweet Taste Of Success
When you partner with Bay Valley Foods, you’re working with one of the world’s premier food companies in every major channel of distribution. Today, we’re a leading supplier of shelf stable foods with a broad range of national and regional brands designed to help make your life easier.
- The largest pickle and pepper supplier in the U.S.
- The #1 packer of private label pickles for the retail market
- The leading supplier of private label non dairy creamer for the retail market
- Leading supplier of foodservice products and industrial ingredients
- One of the nation’s largest aseptic producers of shelf-stable cheese sauces and pudding products for foodservice and food manufacturing customers
- Committed to a program of continuous improvement and innovation through superior research and development in state-of-the-art facilities
- Strong consumer and store brands, unmatched packaging, result-oriented marketing support and knowledgeable category management expertise
- Eighteen manufacturing facilities located throughout the U.S.
- Corporate offices located in Oak Brook, IL
- #1 supplier of private label salad dressing in the US
- #1 supplier of private label broths and stocks in the US
The Beginning of Life in the Valley
Our history dates all the way back to 1862 with the formation of Alart and McGuire as a pioneer in the pickle industry. Over the years, our business has seen many expansions and changes. Until recently, we were known as Dean Specialty Foods. Over time, the company evolved to become one of the largest producers of pickles and non-dairy creamer in the U.S., with dominant private label market shares in both categories. We are also a leader in aseptic cheese sauce and puddings and have strong, regional syrup and sauce businesses.
In 2005, Dean Specialty Foods Group, LLC was spun off from Dean Foods and became Bay Valley Foods, a division of TreeHouse Foods, Inc. TreeHouse, now an independent and publicly traded company, is led by Sam Reed and a team of seasoned food executives who were largely responsible for the tremendous growth at Keebler in the 90s. Foodservice and Private Label growth drove much of the Keebler success and play a key role in the strategic growth plans for TreeHouse and the new Bay Valley Foods. While the company name has changed several times throughout the years, our commitment to excellence has stayed the same.
Mission and Vision
Our mission is to be the leading supplier of store branded products in the U.S., complimented by strong regional brands. We’re committed to continuous improvement as demonstrated by our manufacturing expertise, innovative products, superior research & development, strong regional brands, and state-of-the-art facilities and technology. As change continues to influence business, Bay Valley Foods will maintain and improve its high degree of flexibility and speed in order to meet your needs.
Quality Is Much More Than Just A Buzz Word
No one does more to assure you’re always getting the very best. Every day our customers count on us to deliver exceptionally tasty, appetizing, rich products that exemplify great value. At Bay Valley Foods, dedication to achieving the highest quality is constantly taken to a higher level.
It begins with our state-of-the-art manufacturing capabilities complete with Quality Assurance professionals at work in every production plant. Our efforts are also backed by fully accredited HACCP (Hazard Analysis Critical Control Point) programs.
Bay Valley Foods is one of the nation’s leading suppliers of pickles, soup, salsa, peppers, relishes, aseptic sauces, powdered products, salad dressings, marinades, sauces and jams/jellies/preserves/fruit spreads to major retail, foodservice, bulk and ingredient and international customers. We’re committed to maintaining the leading share of private label retail and foodservice pickle sales in the United States with pickles, peppers and relishes marketed throughout the nation.
We’ve Got You Covered-National Network
Whether your needs are local, regional or national, Bay Valley Foods is set up to be your strategic partner with multiple plant locations and distribution centers.
Customer Service Second To None
You can always expect world-class service from pros that really know the industry inside and out.
Plants and Distribution Centers throughout the U.S. Ensure Continuous and Efficient Supply